The Market Development Facility (MDF) is a multi-country private sector development program managed by Palladium on behalf of the Australian Government. The program currently operates in Fiji, Timor-Leste, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Papua New Guinea. MDF utilises a market systems development (MSD) approach to trigger lasting systemic change and create broad-based, sustainable pro-poor growth.
The Panel will support the Core Leadership Team (CLT) to develop and maintain strategy, technical direction and quality, at the facility and country level on an as needed basis. The panel is envisaged as an advisory service. Specifically the Panel will:
- Provide MDF with sound strategic and technical advice in market systems development. This includes technical troubleshooting.
- Support the Country Teams to implement their strategies and maintain an innovative approach to partnerships.
- Support the review or refining of existing frameworks for assessing portfolio quality, and internal review processes.
- Undertake field work where necessary to support country teams in building a coherent investment portfolio that promotes systemic change.
- Participate as needed in the portfolio review process for countries.
- Support the development of MDF’s ongoing capacity building, learning and development program.
- Contribute content to and support the delivery of MDF’s external learning agenda aimed at the broader M4P and donor community.
MDF AG Statement of Requirement:
- Advanced degree in international development, anthropology/ sociology, economic, (agri)business, or related fields.
- Extensive professional experience in practical implementation of a market systems development approach in a range of market contexts.
- Be recognised for effective versatile, technical leadership and troubleshooting in all aspects of MSD, including market assessments, strategy design, partnership management, systemic change and monitoring and results measurement.
- Demonstrated track record in capacity development approaches, including building the management capacity of senior technically experts.
- Experience creating a culture of innovation, entrepreneurialism and
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to constructively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders including DFAT and business partners.
- Excellent communication skills including spoken and written English.
- Willingness to travel to and experience in any of the MDF countries.
Apply here. Applications close on the 25th of July 2018. Both individuals and firms may apply. If firms apply, they must clearly outline this in the application. Firms should be advised that ARF rates will apply and that no management fees may be charged. For details, see TORs.