Market Development Facility (MDF) is a multi-country private sector development programme supported by the Australian Government. In Sri Lanka, MDF works in four strategic engagement areas within the ‘tourism and related sectors’ space, with the aim of stimulating business innovation and achieving sustainable growth that translates into economic opportunities for the poor.
Engaging with key stakeholders, including the public, is essential for MDF. For this, MDF is looking to develop high-quality, comprehensive and engaging visual products based on its portfolio, impact and learnings.
MDF is currently seeking applications from Photographers and Videographers with the following qualifications:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of photographic and video technology, equipment, and techniques including editing
- The editing technology and equipment necessary to capture stories effectively (using MDF equipment is also an option)
- Creativity, with a good eye for capturing a story visually
- Excellent technical and photographic skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, including managing time according to tight deadlines while maintaining product quality
- Exceptional attention to detail, precision and quality standards
- Knowledge of Sinhala and Tamil preferred
- An existing portfolio of relevant work would be beneficial to the candidate
The complete Terms of Reference can be downloaded here. The contract requires ad hoc services over six months as and when required. Chosen candidates may be required to provide a police clearance certificate. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
Please include your CV, a link to your portfolio (if available) and a standard rate card, as a combined file.
Positions are open to Sri Lankan nationals and Permanent Residents with authority to live and work in Sri Lanka.
The deadline for submission of applications is 26 March 2018.