The Market Development Facility (MDF) would like to invite interested individuals or consultancy firms to submit a proposal as “Supply Chain Facilitator (SCF). The SCF delivers support as facilitator to farmers engaged in an out-growers role for the new Cassava starch factory in ERAP (Morobe) operated by South Pacific Breweries Limited (SPBL). Funded by the Australian Government and implemented by The Palladium Group, MDF is a private sector development program which stimulates investment, business innovation and regulatory reform in order to create jobs and to increase the income of poor women and men in rural and urban areas in the Indo-Pacific region.
MDF is working with SPBL to facilitate sufficient and consistent supply of fresh cassava to the new starch factory. MDF is seeking to recruit a Supply Chain Facilitator who will be responsible to;
- Organise cassava farmers in Markham into out-grower groups.
- Conduct/facilitate trainings for farmers at the out-growers organisational, marketing and ethical level.
- Ensure that farmers receive technical trainings on Good Agricultural Practices.
- Facilitate the introduction of digital payment systems to the farmers.
- Train lead farmers to be the focal point persons between SPBL and the farmers.
For a full TOR, find them here